Why Tiny Houses are Popular in Florida
No matter which way you look at it, we live in a world of excess. We either have too much time, or too much space. Everything is too much and that is exactly why people of all ages are now starting to look at tiny houses for sale in Florida.
In the United States, the average family home is estimated to be around 2,600 square feet. That means that for a family of 4, each person could have about 650 square feet to themselves. Does anyone else see the problem? The problem is that no one person needs that much space to themselves, especially not when they are sharing that house with 3 other people.
On the other hand, tiny homes are usually somewhere in between 100 and 400 square feet and offer just enough space for its tenants to live comfortably. This perfect fit is why we are seeing so many people turn to living in a tiny house. In a country where about 76% of its population is living paycheck to paycheck, it’s no wonder why tiny houses are starting to catch on.
More and more, people are starting to realize that the tiny house movement isn’t just about living in a tiny house. There are tons of other benefits that come along with it as well.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses for sale in Florida
- Functional – One huge factor that is attracting people to the tiny house lifestyle is how functional they can be. Many tiny home owners take pride in designing their space and often come up with many neat space-saving ideas such a fold-away tables and furniture that can double as storage space.
- Green – Another big reason as to the popularity of tiny houses for sale in Florida is that they are completely environmentally friendly. These tiny homes have a much smaller footprint than their larger counterparts and need far less energy to be able to heat and cool the space efficiently. This, in turn, costs you less on your utility bills and will help reduce our impact on the planet.
- Community – When you join the tiny house movement, you immediately become part of a growing and thriving community of like-minded individuals. Most of the people who adopt this lifestyle share commons values and interests and with the growing number of tiny house communities that keep popping up, it is easier than ever to find and meet people who are just like you.
- Versatile – Tiny houses aren’t confined to be small homes. Many people are starting to use tiny homes as an addition to their existing. By building or buying a tiny house and placing it on your property, you will also be able to use it as a home studio or office, in-law suite, guest house or as a rental unit. Just be sure to check your local legislations to make sure it is ok to place a tiny house on your property.
- Inexpensive – As mentioned above, tiny homes use less energy which will end up savings your hundreds of dollars per year of heating and cooling costs. Moreover, tiny homes for sale in Florida only cost a fraction of the price of a full-bodied house. This means that tiny home owners are stuck with huge mortgages that can take a whole lifetime to pay off.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in Florida
There are lots of factors that will influence the cost of tiny homes for sale in Florida. Now with that said, one of the most defining factors is whether your tiny house is on wheels, or if it is attached to a permanent foundation.
Typically, tiny houses can run between $20,000 and $150, 000 but the average is closer to $70,000 and $120,000 for a fully functional and ready-to-live in tiny house.
There are, of course, do-it-yourself-ers out there that will undergo the project of building a tiny house on their own. While this can be a great way to save money, if you don’t fully know what you are doing, you could get yourself into trouble further down the line.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in Florida?
Florida offers a warm climate and a great place to settle down in a tiny house. However, to get yourself into a tiny house, you either must buy one or build one from the ground up. Both options, of course, have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here we quickly go over the pros and cons of each.
- Building – When you build your own tiny house, you get the opportunity to design it to your own standards. You will get to choose how big of a house to build, how the house is laid out and what building materials get used. Unless doing the work yourself, you will work side-by-side with engineers and a licensed contractor who will make sure to build you a solid, long-lasting tiny house. The downside to building a tiny home is that the build process will often take longer than if you choose to buy, there is also the possibilities of running into a lot of headaches while building.
- Buying – Purchasing a tiny house can be a better option for those who are looking to move sooner rather than later. Once you’ve acquired financing and found a tiny house that you are interested in, there is little else keeping you from moving in other than settling on a move-in day. This process is often much quicker than building, however you will not get to customize your house.
Why is Hiring a Builder Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in Florida?
When you hire a builder, you are hiring professional, licensed people who have all the knowledge necessary to build a solid and long-lasting home.
Builders have experience in tiny home construction and will know the ins and outs of what goes into building you the perfect home.
When you choose a builder, not only are you choosing professional help, but you are choosing the ability to build your house exactly the way you want it and customize the entire to suit your needs.
What Can We Offer
Build Tiny House provides our clients with the best solutions to their needs regarding tiny houses. We strive to offer the most up-to-date information on the tiny house market and want our customers to walk away from their transactions with us with a smile on their face.
Many of our clients are looking to find a way out of their traditional lifestyle. They are looking for housing solutions that are more affordable and more sustainable. At Build Tiny House, we take it upon ourselves to offer access to the best tiny houses that are available on the market.
The only thing that we ask of our customers is that they let us know exactly what they want. Whether they are simply looking for more information or are completely ready to take the leap into tiny house living, we want to make sure that they are educated and comfortable with the decisions that they are making.
Here at Build Tiny House, we want to work with you and help guide you through the entire process. We know that building a house can be a stressful time, which is exactly why we want you to sit back and let us do as much of the work as possible. We want to arm you with the knowledge that you will need to make informed choices about your future tiny home.
We work with every customer and do our best to keep them involved in the building process from the initial design stages to the final touches on the last coat of paint. Since it can be a stressful time, we make sure that are clients get a first-hand look at how the project is moving along. We allow them to monitor the process and inspect the work as it is being completed. This ensures that our customers feel valued and are in total control of the project.
Build Tiny House uses a team a highly-skilled engineers and knowledgeable staff who make sure to that your every question is answered and that you are totally satisfied with our service.
We endeavor to offer sustainable choices to our clients, which is why we are now happy to offer Timber Frame tiny houses to our brand name. This timber framed houses are a durable and non-toxic building material that has proven itself time and time again over the centuries. We offer 5 different types of timber, which means that not only can you make a sustainable choice, but you can also choose something that fits your style as well.
Our team is dedicated to making the world a more sustainable, eco-friendly place where tiny houses for sale in Florida are accessible to everyone. Therefore, we are now proudly offering free delivery to anywhere in the U.S. Make sure to check us out in the following areas.
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in Florida
There are no laws that cover tiny houses across the entire state of Florida. Every city, town and municipality are going to have their own set of ordinances that govern what you can and can’t do on your property.
It is wise to check with your local building authorities before making any decisions about buying or building a tiny home. Here are a few of the key factors that will determine how your tiny house is seen in the eyes of the law.
- Square footage
- Height of the structure
- Whether it is on a foundation or a set of wheels
- The size of the property
- The location of the property
- Whether there are any other structures nearby